Saturday, March 9, 2019

Fr Patrick Etuk, MSP - Homily Saturday, March 9, 2019

"Jesus saw a tax collector named Levi sitting at the customs post.
He said to him, "Follow me."
And leaving everything behind, he got up and followed him."
Lk 5:27ff

🗣Mathew was a public sinner, hated by many and often treated as an outcast, a sold out. Yet the ill treatment he received from people hardened his heart the more. However, just one tender loving gaze from Jesus made a huge difference in his life. It is only true love that can melt hardened hearts. It is the warmth of God's  Love that can set our hearts on fire  for his good purpose, regardless of what our past have been. Jesus loves you unconditionally as he loved Mathew the public sinner. When we open our hearts to his love, he set us on fire for his kingdom transforming us radically from the inside. Drink of that love this morning. Feel his loving gaze on you. It is the medicine you desperately need for your soul.

🙇‍♀Jesus I trust in you. I am delivered, I am set free. Your goodness follows me. Your love accompanies and accomplishes great things in me. I can love because I am loved unconditionally. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment